2022 Chevy Equinox Gas Mileage
If you’re shopping for a fuel-efficient SUV, then you’re going to be excited by the changes made to the 2022 Chevy Equinox and how it can impact your daily commutes to Ooltewah. The 2022 Chevy Equinox gas mileage makes it the ideal option for those that want power and efficiency, offering up to 26 mpg city/31 mpg highway with its base-level engine. Find out more about the Chevy Equinox gas mileage below, and then contact us to schedule a test drive today.
2022 Chevy Equinox Gas Mileage and Engine Performance Details
For the 2022 model year, the Chevy Equinox only offers one engine option to Dalton and Athens drivers: an efficient 1.5L Turbo 4-cylinder. Depending on your choice of FWD or AWD, the Chevrolet Equinox mpg ratings for this engine will vary ever so slightly:
- 1.5L Turbo 4-cylinder with FWD: EPA-estimated 26 mpg city/31 mpg highway
- 1.5L Turbo 4-cylinder with AWD: EPA-estimated 25 mpg city/30 mpg highway
In addition to earning outstanding Chevrolet Equinox mpg ratings, the Turbo-powered engine delivers strong performance specs on Chattanooga roads and highways.
1.5L Turbo 4-cylinder Performance Specs
- 170 hp
- 203 lb-ft of torque
- Max. Towing Capacity: 1,500 pounds
With the ability to tow 1,500 pounds, you’ll enjoy the option of hauling a compact teardrop camper trailer or even an ATV for a fun weekend getaway far outside the hectic city.
Chevy Equinox Gas Mileage Saving Features
If you’re curious about how the 2022 Equinox is able to earn such strong fuel economy ratings, then you’re going to want to take a look at these features. Here are some of the features that help conserve fuel during your daily commute:
- Automatic Stop/Start: When you come to a complete stop with your foot on the brake pedal, under certain conditions, the Equinox engine will shut off to save fuel. When you remove your foot from the brake, the engine automatically and instantaneously restarts. You’d be surprised by how much gas can be saved at long traffic lights with this standard feature! If you ever wish to turn off Automatic Stop/Start, it can be done by pressing the designated disable switch; at the beginning of the next ignition cycle, it’ll automatically turn on again.
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS): Did you know that when one or more of your tires has too much or too little air, it can affect your fuel economy? The Equinox is standard-equipped with a TPMS that will tell you when your tire pressure is off, so you can rest assured you’re always traveling with a good grip on the road and without needlessly wasting fuel.
Enjoy Your 2022 Chevy Equinox Today
If you’re ready to experience the superior performance of the Chevy Equinox, then make sure you schedule a test drive today. After you’re back in our dealership, our finance team is going to be here to help you to get the best deal possible, with plenty of new vehicle specials that can save you hundreds or thousands of dollars off this or any other new vehicle. Find your today at Mtn. View Chevrolet.
More from Mtn. View Chevrolet
The 2022 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity can reach an outstanding 13,300 pounds when you properly equip it, which is important for being able to handle just about anything that your job site calls for in Ooltewah. With several sturdy features that are able to contribute to the impressive Silverado 1500 payload, including a hydroformed…
If you’re shopping for a fuel-efficient SUV, then you’re going to be excited by the changes made to the 2022 Chevy Equinox and how it can impact your daily commutes to Ooltewah. The 2022 Chevy Equinox gas mileage makes it the ideal option for those that want power and efficiency, offering up to 26 mpg…
Small but mighty, the 2022 Chevy Trax is a versatile compact SUV that’s quickly become a customer favorite around Ooltewah – and it’s not hard to see why! Between its stylish design and high-tech amenities, the Chevrolet Trax configurations offer something for every driver. The latest lineup offers two different ways to experience the…