How to Keep Your Car Cool in Summer
There’s nothing like feeling the wind in your hair and the sun on your skin during a long summer drive, but the hot temperatures can quickly transform your cabin into a sauna. So, how do you keep your car cool in the summer? A little preparation can go a long way, and Mtn. View Chevrolet is here to help you beat the heat in Ooltewah and Dalton. From parking tips to hot-weather accessories, learn how to keep your car cool in summer with service tips from Mtn. View Chevrolet!
Tips to Keep Your Car Cool in Summer
- Park in the Shade: Parking strategically can help keep the heat at bay. When parking around Athens, look for shaded areas. This protects your car from baking in the sun.
- Park in a Covered Area: If you have access to a garage or a covered parking spot, that’s even better. This will bring your cabin temperatures down, while also shielding your car from UV rays.
- Purchase a Sunshade or Window Visors: Pick up a sunshade or window visors at our parts department to reflect the sun’s rays. You can even sunshades for both your front and rear windows, so you’re fully protected.
- Cover the Steering Wheel & Dashboard: If you’re tired of getting scorched by your steering wheel, consider picking up a cloth steering wheel cover and dash covers. These accessories protect your hands from heat, while also protecting your interior.
- Crack Open the Windows: Cracking your windows just a little bit will allow air to flow through the cabin, which prevents stagnant and sweltering heat from accumulating. Just don’t open the windows too much if you’re parking for an extended period of time.
- Protect the Leather Surfaces: A set of cloth seat covers is a great option for leather upholstery in the summer. This helps reduce the risk of UV damage like bleaching, cracking, and brittleness.
- Get Tinted Windows: If you want a long-term solution to keep your car cool in the summer, consider getting your windows tinted. Just be sure to check with your local laws to see what tint level is allowed.
- Let Your Car Cool Before Driving: Before you head out on the road, open up all the doors and allow air to pass through the cabin. This can cool down the cabin quickly, so you can start your travels on the right foot.
Get More Car Care Tips from Mtn. View Chevrolet!
We’ve gone through the basics on how to keep your car cool in the summer, and the team at Mtn. View Chevrolet is here to help you drive in comfort all season long. Contact us with your questions, and our service department can get back to you with more tips and tricks. And if you want to get your car summer-ready before that big road trip, schedule your maintenance today!
More from Mtn. View Chevrolet
The Chevy Camaro has been an icon for decades as one of the most popular sports cars to ever hit the market. However, you have likely heard rumors that the Chevy Camaro is discontinued. So, is it true? Is Chevy discontinuing the Camaro? The automaker has announced that the sixth generation of the Camaro will…
One of the first things our Dalton drivers want to know about their new vehicle comes down to the towing capabilities. So, how much can the 2023 Chevrolet Trailblazer tow? You’ll be happy to know the Trailblazer towing capacity can reach up to 1,000 pounds. Learn more about what the 2023 Chevy Trailblazer has to…
If the new 2023 Chevrolet Traverse is what you’re considering for your Dalton travels, you want to know more. Some of the most frequent questions in recent months have been about the Chevy Traverse interior and Chevy Traverse dimensions. You want everything that this Chevy Crossover SUV can deliver on your Chattanooga drives. Chevy…