If you’re driving a new Chevy Trax in Ooltewah, there’s a good chance your vehicle is equipped with HomeLink. What is HomeLink? It’s Chey’s connectivity program that turns your car into a remote control for your home. Find out more about innovative HomeLink technology with Mtn. View Chevrolet.
You don’t have to be a tech wiz in Dalton to know what HomeLink is and how to use it.
- Since HomeLink is powered by the electrical system in your Chevy you’ll never have to worry about changing batteries.
- With most compatible garage door openers, including with older models like the 2018 Chevy Equinox garage door opener, the system will be able to let you know if your garage door has been left open or closed. HomeLink apps also allow you to have remote control over other in-home devices, such as the lights and security system. It’s an extra level of peace-of-mind when you’re on the road.
- HomeLink is compatible with just about all garage door openers and gate systems, as well as a wide range of other radio-frequency (RF) controlled devices.
- The HomeLink system allows you to control up to three devices from your Chevy.
How to Set Up HomeLink
Now that you know what Homelink is, let’s discuss how set-up works:
- The Chevrolet HomeLink unit features 3 buttons and is most commonly located on the ceiling of the car above the center console. Press and hold down the first and third buttons until the interior lights of your car begin to flash. Pressing the first and third buttons is the master reset, you do not need to do this when subsequently adding other devices.
- Once the ceiling lights begin to flash, press and hold the button you wish to program while simultaneously holding the open/close button on your garage door opener. The lights should go from a slow to rapid flash, indicating that the programming is complete.
- Go into your garage and press the “learn” button on your garage door opener.
- Return to your vehicle and press the programmed button on your car for a minimum of two seconds. You may see the lights on your garage door opener flash, indicating that it is connecting.
Get HomeLink at Mtn. View Chevrolet!
Do you want to have the power of HomeLink at your fingertips? Contact Mtn. View Chevrolet and find out which Chevy vehicles are equipped with HomeLink. Then check our offers and incentives so you can get a great price on a new HomeLink-connected Chevy.